The Cart is where products are logged as a customer moves around your store. Therefore every Shop has a Cart. If you want to display a list of what the customer is about to order, you display the Cart. However, you do not need to display this like a traditional e-commerce shopping cart. As with anything in Perch the way things look is up to you.
Cart Template Tags & Functions
The template tags used to display items in the cart can be found in the template reference. If you do not create your own template then the default template installed with the App will be used.
There are also a number of helper functions to use to interact with the cart and build up your cart page
We have some example snippets for common scenarios. See the Examples section for more.
- Add an item to the Cart with the simplest form example
- Programmatically add an item to the cart from your PHP page
- Add to Cart form with Product Options is a more complete add to cart form
- Empty the Cart
- Display the Cart on a page
- Creating a no-cart checkout shows how to create a process that doesn’t an obvious cart step